Captain Joe Ketzner, CAP
Director of Cadet Programs, Delaware Wing
• Attracts over 24,000 members ages 12 through 20 for participation in its cadet programs.
• Educates youth in four main program areas — leadership, aerospace, fitness and character development.
• Enriches school curricula through after-school programs.
• Offers orientation flights in powered and glider aircraft, as well as flight training scholarships.
• Provides activities and competitions for cadets at the local, state, regional and national levels.
• Provides opportunities for community involvement through color guard/drill team and emergency service missions.
• Challenges youth to be ambassadors for a drug-free lifestyle.
• Introduces thousands of cadets to cyber defense careers through CyberPatriot, the Air Force Association’s National Youth Cyber Security Competition.
• CAP cadets make up about 10% of the Air Force Academy’s classes.
• Cadets who have earned the Gen. Billy Mitchell Award enlist in the Air Force, U.S. Army and U.S. Coast Guard at a higher pay grade.
• Participates in the International Air Cadet Exchange program.
• Awards college scholarships in several disciplines.
Delaware Wing Cadet Advisory Council