Wing IT Director & Web Security Administrator
Capt David R Baldinger
(E-Services, WSA, CAP Account Creation/Troubleshooting)
Associate IT Director
Lt Col Alex M. Bodnar Jr
(CAP Account Creation/Troubleshooting)
Information Technologies Directorate Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct wing wide Information Technology programs.
- Serve as the unit WSA responsible for assigning and editing permissions for assigned members (if allowed by applicable Wing policy).
- Serve as the echelon WSA responsible for the periodic review of assigned permissions throughout subordinate units (if allowed by applicable Wing policy).
- Assist the Director of Operations in Operational Security (OPSEC) awareness training matters and ensure Information Security (INFOSEC) training is performed in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement wing wide IT policies and procedures in support of CAP's missions.
- Develop and implement training programs for unit members to ensure efficient use of all IT assets.
Support Function (CAP Help Desk - Wing Level):
- Coordinate help desk issues between superior and subordinate headquarters.
- Track IT related support issues and inquiries for the unit for submission, through proper channels, to higher headquarters.
- Collect and collate information regarding IT related support issues and inquiries from subordinate echelons for submission, through proper channels, to higher headquarters.
- Develop automated, streamlined reporting systems for the capture of periodic data IAW pertinent regulations and that are not in conflict with systems put in place by higher headquarters.
The Information Technologies Officer (ITO) should be familiar primarily with:
- CAPR 110-1, CAP Electronic Systems and Data Administration.
- CAPP 227, Information Technology Officer Specialty Track and all related publications for National eServices applications.
- CAP operational security (OPSEC) and Informational Security (INFOSEC) directives.
Units desiring to create a web presence of any kind need to consult this regulation as well as fill out an Internet Operations form for each type of Operation they wish to create. Options are Website, FTP server, Chatroom (Blog), Email, Instagram, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook, Google Account, Linked-In, Pinterest, Vine, and Online File Hosting. The Internet Operations form page is located on eServices under Information Technology Applications.
Units not complying with these Internet Operations regulations risk various sanctions as prescribed in CAPR 120-1.
After submitting the Internet Operations form, it will be reviewed by the Director and Assistant Director of IT as appointed by the Wing Commander for compliance. If no changes are required, it will be approved. If changes are required, you will be notified and once they are completed, it will be approved.