The National Operations Center (NOC) can be reached via voice 24/7 at 888-211-1812 ext. 300, via email at OPSCENTER@CAPNHQ.GOV and via fax at 800-555-7902.
FEMA Damage Assessment Training
All CAP members, cadet or senior member, regardless of where they are in the world can sign up. Once after completing the training, you can be involved in supporting a disaster response (hurricane, fires, tornadoes, floods, etc.) if called upon to help. Again, regardless of where you live.
You must complete the training to be eligible.
To sign up, please click on the following link: Geospatial Damage Assessments Training | FEMA Geospatial Resource Center (arcgis.com)
Once you complete the first 3 modules, it may also take time for the automated email giving you access to the damage assessment module to be sent to you. When you complete the assessments and select the grids as completed, a final completion email will be sent if you passed.
For additional training, sign up to join the CAP Geospatial Community of Interest (COI), on the National homepage; https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/emergency-services/cap-geographic-information-systems-gis. You will be added to the COI and can ask questions in the FEMA Damage Assessment Training channel and can collaborate with their peers. It will also be where all major disaster damage assessment responses will be conducted from.
FEMA Shelter Field Guide Training
Points of Distribution (POD) Training
Microsoft Teams Training
Obtain General Emergency Services rating
The pre-requisites for obtaining the General Emergency Services Rating (GES) are that you complete CAP Test 116 and have completed Level I training.
- Download and review CAPR 60-3 "CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions".
- Review National HQ CAP General ES material.
- Take CAP Test 116 General ES questionnaire - September 2009 - (25 Questions) by log into eServices and selecting Learning Management System from the left side menu then under the Emergency Services heading select CAPT 116 - General Emergency Services.
Print your CAPF 101 Operational Specialty Qualification Card
- Print your Emergency Services Card: login to eServices > Utilities > My Operations Qualifications > Emergency Services > 101 Card > Print 101 Card, and bring this with you to all training and missions.
FEMA ICS Courses Online
- IS-100 - Introduction to the Incident Command System- Link
- IS-200 - Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response - Link
- IS-700 - An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) - Link
- IS-800 - National Response Framework, An Introduction - Link
- CAP National Emergency Services Academy training materials (presentations), task guides, recorded training course - Link
- NESA Mobile Training Team (MTT)
- 2020 NESA Virtual Ground SAR Recorded Training Sessions
- FEMA ICS FORMS
- CAP - Risk Management Worksheets
- CAPF 60 - Emergency Notification Data
- CAPF 99 - Flight Release Log
- CAPF 104 - Mission Flight Plan/Briefing Form
- CAPF 105 - CAP Radio Message Form
- CAPF 106 - Ground Interrogation Form
- CAPF 107 - Flight Operations Log
- CAPF 108 - Reimbursement for Individual CAP Member Expenses
- CAPF 109 - Ground Team Clearance Form
- CAPF 110 - Air To Ground or Point To Point Log
- CAPF 115 - CAP Mission Folder
- CAPF 122 - SAR Mission Report
- WMIRS AFAM Standard Request Verbiage
- Air Sortie Kneeboard Reference Flimsey
SQTR'S And Task Guides
- SQTR Information and Quick Links
- Mission Base Tasks Guide
- Aircrew and Flight Line Tasks Guide
- Ground Team & Urban Direction Finding Tasks Guide
- Instructions for Uploading Daart Photos
Charts, Virtual Tracking Resources
VFR Sectional Chart - Online sectional chart. Use the print screen function to copy sections into PowerPoint or other printable format for printing.
SAR Topo - Interactive online topographical maps and charts for SAR mission management.
Flight Aware - Flight tracking software for commercial and private aircraft on FAA flight plans and through ADS-B remote sites.
Google Earth - downloadable Google Earth application with high-resolution imagery and contour data.
Emergency Services Resources
- FEMA ICS Resource Center - ICS Support materials to include job aids, forms, reference documents, and additional links
- FEMA ICS Forms - A list of all forms available from FEMA for us during Incident Command System events
- DEWG ICS Position Checklists
- Local Weather Radar
- N Number LookUp
- ARC-GIS Grids
- Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program
- Magnetic Declination Calculator
- GPS Coordinates Converter - This tool permits the user to convert latitude and longitude between decimal degrees and degrees, minutes, and seconds.